It’s time for another Ludum Dare game jam! If you’ve been to a jam in the past, it will be very similar.
We will meet Friday December 11th @7PM at the Technology Cooperative – The Ludum Dare officially kicks off at 9PM when the game theme is announced. This will be a good time for any last minute questions on the jam, software, or process you have for making your game.
From Friday until Sunday work on your game. We won’t be keeping the Techco open the whole weekend for the jam, and we won’t have a meetup Sunday, December 13th, 2015. (We’ll still have our normal open game lab December 20th, 2015)
We’ll share and recap our entries at the following meetup on January 10th, 2015.
Your game does not need to be complex and you don’t need to spend every hour of the jam devoted to making the game. Simple is better, and seeing friends and family is a good break to keep you fresh. The goal is to finish, and the reward is having completed a game! You can enter solo or as a team and parents, this is a great activity to do together with your kids.
What you should do before the jam:
- Read over the rules of the Ludum Dare and decide if you’ll be doing the “compo” or “jam” version.
- Get your development system ready to go – figure out what software you’ll be using and make sure it’s ready to go.
A list of common tools others have used in Ludum Dare is listed on the Tools page, and links from previous meetups can be found on our site.
- Make an account on the Ludum Dare website
- Make an account on Itch.io (optional, but great place to host your entry)
- Check the Ludum Dare site to vote on themes
- It’s common to live stream your game development – if you plan to do this then:
- It’s also common to make a timelapse video of your development, and there are some tools to help with this too. Again, test this out on your system before the jam beings.