This month’s topic is game development history featuring QBasic. We discuss how we got started with game development and the first tools and languages that we used. Levi D. Smith shows how to setup QBasic using DOSBox and a brief overview of the language. We also show the Knoxville GameMaker games created for GM48 last month.
Knoxville Game Design is a discussion of games currently being created by game developers in the Knoxville and East Tennessee area, as well as an analysis of current topics in the gaming industry.
|Ruth Ann Manning||http://meemawsurrendered.com||https://tranzeve.itch.io/|
|Levi D. Smith||https://levidsmith.com||@GaTechGrad||https://gatechgrad.itch.io|
- DOSBox – https://www.dosbox.com/
- QBasic download at QBasic.net – https://www.qbasic.net/en/qbasic-downloads/DOS/Windows-Solutions.htm
- Dylan’s QBasic games – https://bitbucket.org/dylanwolf/oldgames/src/default/
- Levi’s QBasic games – https://github.com/gatechgrad/QBasicMiniGames
- QBasic examples at Pete’s QBasic Site – http://www.petesqbsite.com/
- Theme music – Ride by Pocketmaster