Knox Game Design will be meeting at Panera Bread on North Peters Rd on Friday September 30, 2022 for the Knox Game Jam kickoff. The theme announcement is at 6pm Eastern Time.
The kickoff will just be for theme discussion and brainstorming. We will not be developing games on site, but will be happy to answer any game development questions in general. We have typically worked on solo projects, but people are welcome to work in groups if desired.
- The goal is to create a game in 48 hours, but use as much time as needed.
- The theme is announced at 6pm Eastern Time. Make a game based on that theme, or just ignore the theme and make whatever you want.
- Extra challenge – Don’t use any pre-existing assets (graphics, sound effects, music, etc). You create everything during the jam.
- Submit your game to any other game jams as you like.
- There will be no voting/judging/ranking, but everyone is encouraged to play each other’s games. You are free to submit your game to any other game jams with voting/judging/ranking.
- No prizes. Your game is your prize.
- Use any game engine or library. Some examples are Unity, GameMaker, Unreal Engine, Godot, MonoGame, and Allegro.