This month’s Knox Game Design presentation topic is Enemy Behaviors.
This is a look at various enemy behavior types:
- Back and forth (timer / collision based)
- Alert and chase, using distance / timer for stop chasing
- Move random direction and wait
- Orbital children, with varying radius length and orbit speed
- Behavior combination (orbital children and move)
This presentation looks at a demo project using Monogame and C# and analysis of demo code for each behavior.
Links and Notes
- Demo project – https://github.com/levidsmith/EnemyBehaviors
- Monogame – https://www.monogame.net/
- Podcast theme music – Ride by Pocketmaster