Hello to all game developers, designers, artists, and musicians in the Knoxville area!
Thanks to everyone who joined us at Panera Bread for the game jam kickoff! The theme for the jam this time was Running Out of Power.
Knoxville Game Design had four great entries for Summer ’17.
- Power Transformer by Ruth Ann – https://ldjam.com/events/ludum-dare/39/power-transformer
- Away Team by Joe – https://ldjam.com/events/ludum-dare/39/away-team
- Slowbot by Levi – https://ldjam.com/events/ludum-dare/39/slowbot
- Lost Signal by Jacob – https://ldjam.com/events/ludum-dare/39/lost-signal
Two great games were developed by Knoxville Game Design for GM48, which had the theme Sacrifice.
- 30 Jumps by Joe – https://gm48.net/game/610/30-jumps
- Junk Food Blaster by Levi – https://gm48.net/game/645/junk-food-blaster
Other games released by Knoxville Game Design.
- Spin Widgetz with AR (Augmented Reality) by Chad – https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.tngdc.fidgetspinnar
If I missed your game, please send the URL to me (firstname.lastname@example.org) so I can include it on the front page of the knoxgamedesign.org website!
Knoxville Game Design invites you to attend the online hangout for Sunday August 13, 2017 at 2pm Eastern Time.
This month we will be showing off the games that we developed since last time, including our experiences with recent game jams.
We will be using Google Hangouts again, which can be accessed at the following URL: https://hangouts.google.com/call/ni63jloemrd7xdto37z5mayk4uu
Be sure your microphone or webcam is working prior to the meeting. We suggest using the mic button at the bottom of the window to mute yourself when not talking to reduce the amount of background noise on the recorded podcast. Firefox no longer works with Hangouts, so please use a browser such as Internet Explorer or Chrome.
Video for last month’s online hangout is now available: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BxT0DZ9LWL8
The audio version is available as a podcast on iTunes: https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/game-design-chat/id1084873107
The audio is also available on Stitcher: https://www.stitcher.com/s?fid=142087&refid=stpr
Last month’s podcast had the most listens since the podcast started in January 2016, and the video is on pace to become the most watched episode. Thanks for everyone’s support!
Follow the Knoxville Game Design Twitter account for the latest updates: https://twitter.com/KnoxGameDesign
Please direct any questions to email@example.com